What is RyanTech Cloud Protect
We custom built Cloud Protect using AI to help prevent breaches within your M365 tenant. There are two separate features of Cloud Protect, the spam filter and the monitoring. The spam filter is the first line of defense and helps stop spam/phishing mail from getting to your inbox altogether. This will help ensure that the users won't even have the chance to confuse them for real communication and hand over sensitive information that may be asked for in e-mails like that. Here are some details regarding the Cloud Protect Spam Filter:
- Like the M365 spam filter, the CPSF will check the headers of every inbound e-mail to check accurate configuration is in place, but it will also read the subject and body of the e-mail to verify the language and tone of the message and can mark it as spam or legit based on that information. It is important to note that this information is NOT stored in the tool after review.
- CPSF will download any attachments within the email before delivery to ensure there are no viruses in the e-mail or attachment itself. It is very common for attachments sent through e-mail to be compromised.
- CPSF is 100% API based, which means it operates differently than a typical spam filter. A typical spam filter re-routes the mail through the filter and this adds an interruption within the mail flow and a potential risk of a breaking point in the flow. This will not happen with the CPSF.
- The CPSF can be deployed with the click of a button by the user/admin
- CPSF will natively mark e-mails as being 'EXTERNAL' with a badge including information about the sender. See below:
Account monitoring is the second line of defense within our Cloud Protect tool and works in conjunction with the Spam Filter. This feature watches over all login attempts made on the tenant for all users via IP address. If the tool sees any atypical login behavior/IP addresses being used, the RyanTech Support Team is alerted immediately to take action. Here are a few important functions to note:
- Cloud Protect does a 10-14 day analysis phase on the tenant to recognize what typical login behavior is for each user account on the tenant. Once that phase is complete, the tool will be able to recognize any behavior out of the ordinary.
- Monitors domestic and international IP addresses
- RyanTech takes action as necessary and there is very little the users will need to do if a breach is detected
- Monthly Cloud Protect overview reports sent to contact on file
- If the CP Spam Filter is enabled and spam mail still gets through to the inbox, Cloud Protect will label that email to help inform the users of suspicious activity
We are extremely excited about this tool and it has helped hundreds of our clients secure their M365 tenant to date. We understand the importance of keeping sensitive information protected and will do what it takes for our customers. If you'd like to learn more about how this tool can help your business or schedule a time to meet with us, do not hesitate to reach out by clicking here, and we can help you make the right decision for your business needs.